ThinkArts is a fun and exciting place to work. Whether as an administrative team member, intern, artist, or volunteer, being part of the ThinkArts family is a rewarding and enriching experience. We are often on the lookout for resourceful, committed and energetic people who care about the arts and young people to join our team.
Are you a multi-tasking wizard with a passion for the arts and excellent organisational skills?
Then read on….
Pickle Factory Dance Foundation & Think Arts are looking for a project manager who can divide their time between the two organisations and help us deliver our respective projects.
The Pickle Factory Dance Foundation is a hub for the practice, presentation and
discourse of dance and movement-based performance in Calcutta, housed in spaces re-purposed for the arts. Towards our dream of a vibrant permanent venue rooted in the city and with an international outlook, we work with a cross-section of partners to present artists and guests from India and abroad in a variety of engagements that reach diverse audiences.
ThinkArts was founded in December 2013 to facilitate high quality, transformative arts events for children and young adults. Based in Kolkata, Think Arts has collaborated with partners across India and internationally to bring a diverse programme of literary, visual art, dance, theatre and story-telling events to young audiences in several cities across India.
The Project Manager will lead the forthcoming Seasons for both the organisations. Featuring national and international artists, the Season will include performances, discussions, workshops to be held in venues across Kolkata. The responsibilities of the Project Manager include:
- Coordination with various collaborators and partners
- Assisting with fundraising
- Writing reports
- Managing communications on social media and website
- Other managerial and administration tasks needed to assist the Directors
- Experience in the field of Arts Management / Project Management of at least 2 years
- Strong communication, writing and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-driven with the ability to take initiative and solve problems
- Proficiency in English (Knowledge of Bengali and Hindi is preferable)
- Ability to deliver tasks within tight deadlines
- Excellent skills in MS office
Role: Project Manager
Work Arrangement: Full-time position, Initial contract until 31st Dec 2019, renewable after term
Please send the following to email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application for Project Manager” in the subject line.
- Covering Letter detailing Expression of Interest and Suitability for the Position
- Names and contact details of 2 References – could be academic and/or professional
Interviews between 10 and 12 May 2019
Joining Date: 15 June 2019
Remuneration: INR 30000 per month
Working with children and young people is central to ThinkArts and we are committed to maintaining an environment that is child-safe and child-friendly. We have a zero tolerance policy for child abuse or misconduct towards young people.
ThinkArts is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to foster a work environment that enables the diversity of our community. We will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of age, gender, marital status, physical ability, race, religion, or sexual orientation.